Responsibilities of this position include managing the academic department staff, creating course schedules, assisting with faculty and student issues, communicating with the teaching staff, preparing programme reviews and students’ progressions for examination boards, coordinating with Cardiff Metropolitan University and the Ministry of Higher Education in Morocco and participating in other special projects. This is a full-time position.
• To support induction arrangements for new students, including organising events; preparing and collating induction materials and other paperwork; liaising with students, parents and academic staff.
• To provide general support for the administration of current students, including drafting correspondence; filing; scheduling of assessments; and acting as a point of contact for students.
• To co-ordinate academic progression.
• To relay, present, and seek lecturers’ input regarding timetabling/scheduling issues and concerns.
• To provide advice and information to the students’ parents on associated matters, as required.
• To assist in preparing students’ report cards and attendance records.
• To provide support for Ordinary and Stated meetings of the department including the collation, copying and distribution of agenda papers and associated administration.
• To assist the Registrar with the compilation and management of lists and records of students.
• To assist with filing, record-keeping, and the collection and preservation of university papers for archival purposes.
• To keep co-ordination with the Ministry of Higher Education on different files.
• To attend meetings appropriate to the role and write reports.
• To be responsible for scheduling semester classes in specialized teaching spaces each semester and preparing room grid.
• To distribute timetabling and make changes to the schedule as needed.
• To be ultimately responsible for the induction, training and support of lecturers and students.
• To work with relevant staff and monitor the implementation of the University’s rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
• To contribute to University academic strategy at all levels.
• To be the main representative on any Periodic Reviews, QAA…
• To order and stock books and other school supplies as needed.
• To provide training to teaching staff on latest instructional technology and technique.
• To work with teaching staff to select student of the month and awards.
• To plan departmental meetings, orientations, trainings and workshops.
• To provide administrative support for appointments of academic staff, including placing adverts and drafting correspondence and contract letters.
• To collaborate with other staff members in conducting job interviews.
• To help with the maintenance of academic staff files.
Détails du poste
|Date de publication:||2016-01-20|
|Lieu de travail:||Marrakech, Maroc|
|Domaine de la société:||Education, formation et bibliothèque|
|Salaire mensuel:||US $15.000|
|Niveau de carrière:||Manager|
postuler:Director of Academic Affairs